George Barna recently posted a challenging editorial entitled, “Jesus’ Health Care Plan“. He lists seven “noteworthy perspectives that underlie Jesus’ health care strategy”, taken primarily from the Gospel of Luke:
- Jesus healed people because He believed that good health matters.
- Jesus invested Himself in their healing because He loved and cared for people.
- Jesus healed everyone who presented a medical need because He saw no reason to screen some out as unqualified.
- Jesus healed every kind of illness He encountered.
- Jesus pursued them because He saw Himself as a servant.
- Jesus allowed them to disrupt His schedule because He realized that people’s pain and suffering was their top focus in life.
- Jesus expected His closest followers to heal others.
I highly recommend reading the entire article here.